Writing An Offer
Don't worry about this part. This is where working with an experienced Realtor from the Dunes Marketing Group really pays off.
We're going to deal with all of the paper work. We'll ask you a number of simple questions that will help you put your offer in front of the seller.
- What's your offer? How much? That's the easy part.
What are the contingencies? These are all of the requirements you have before you will complete the purchase. We'll help you be very specific here. For example:
- What inspections do you require and what will happen if problems are identified.
- What do you want added, like appliances and fixtures you want to stay with the home?
- What needs to be repaired or completed?
- Do you need to arrange financing? If you haven't pre-qualified, you'll want an out in case you can't manage the loan quickly.
- What does the seller know about the property? They have to tell you everything. It's the law. In South Carolina sellers are required to tell you (disclose) any known problems with the property. Don't gloss over this. You'll want to know, too.
- What condition do you expect the property to be in when you make the final purchase? The best way to do this is to arrange a final “walk-through” just before closing and to define a process to take care of any last minute issues. Make this a part of your contract.
- When do you propose to close on the property?
Sellers like offers that are close to their asking price, that have few (or no) contingencies, and that close quickly. Buyers, like you, want to make sure they're getting what they're paying for. Your contract, the offer you're writing with help from your Dunes Marketing Group Realtor, will help you both get what you want and need.